Grandma’s Vegan Drop Cookies
A family favorite. This was one of the first cookies my kid's made by themselves. No baking involved and only a few ingredients but so good!
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts
- (Or 1 cup of shredded coconut for a nut free version)
- 6 tablespoons of cocoa
- 1/2 cup vegan butter or margarine
- 1/2 cup non-dairy milk
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large bowl mix together well the oats, coconut, nuts, cocoa.
- In a sauce pan combine the butter, non-dairy milk, and sugar. Bring to a boil and continue to boil for one minute, stirring constantly to avoid the sugar burning.
- Pour over the oat mixture and stir well until evenly mixed.
- With a spoon scoop and drop onto waxed paper or parchment paper. The size of the cookies is up to you.
- Let sit until hardened.