Vegan Shortbread Cookies
What are the holidays without shortbread? Here is a simple vegan version.
- 3/4 cup room temperature vegan butter (like Earth Balance)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp plain non-dairy yogurt
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- Cream the margarine and sugar.
- Add in the yogurt and vanilla and beat well.
- Add the flour, mix until the dough has formed into a ball.
- Shape the dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on a parchment lined cookie sheet.
- Flatten the balls slightly, using a fork, spoon, or bottom of a glass.
- Bake 14-16 minutes, until the bottoms of the cookies are lightly browned.