Vegan Sugar Cookies
A simple yet delicious creamy vegan fudge. A great gift idea...if it can last long enough to be wrapped.
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup vegan butter, softened
- 1/4 cup non-dairy milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract (optional)
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
For the Icing
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 4 tablespoons non-dairy milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- In large bowl beat sugar, vegan butter, non-dairy milk, vanilla and almond extract with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in flour, cornstarch, and baking soda until blended. Cover and refrigerate at least 2 hours to overnight.
- Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Lightly grease cookie sheet or line sheet with parchment paper. Divide dough in half. Roll each dough half to 1/4 inch thickness on a floured surface. Cut into desired shapes with cookie cutters. Place cutouts on cookie sheet about 2 inches apart.
- Bake 7 to 8 minutes or until edges are light brown. Remove from cookie sheet to cooling rack.
- In large mixing bowl, beat icing ingredients with fork or whisk until smooth. If icing is too thick, beat in 1 additional teaspoon non-dairy milk.
- Frost cookies. Sprinkle with colored sugar or other toppings if desired.